Swizz Beatz welcomed his first child with wife Alicia Keys only a week ago, but the honeymoon is officially over. Antwann Frost, a songwriter who claims to have co-produced Cassidy’s hit ‘My Drink ‘n My 2 Step,’ has slapped Swizzy with a $1.5 million lawsuit, claiming that he got stiffed on royalties from the omnipresent club banger.
In the suit, Frost claims that Swizz assembled the drums while he created “all of the other original musical components that shaped and defined” the song. Soon after the track was released, Swizz broke him off $5,000 and gave him a 5 percent ownership over the song, while he and Cassidy split the other 95 percent. Frost rejected the offer and is now suing to acquire what he feels is rightfully his, which, according to the suit, is equal partnership in the song.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.